Flâneur- a term used by the French 19th century poet and critic Charles Baudelaire to mean a person who walks the city in order to experience it.
The Antique Flâneur provides a professional appraisal service for the valuation of the decorative arts especially fine American, English and Continental silver as well as English ceramics. I perform market assessment, insurance, estate tax and donation appraisals and produce carefully researched and compiled appraisal documents. I am Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) compliant through 19 March 2022 and am an accredited member of the Appraisers Association of America. If you need an appraisal, please contact me.
• Are you looking to sell your antiques and need someone to broker the deal and find you the best market and price?
The Antique Flâneur also assists clients in selling their antique and vintage items through a consignment agreement. In selling your items, from one object to an entire collection, I find the best venue and market- online, at an auction house, or selling to an antique dealer to realize the best price.
• Looking to match your grandmother's china pattern, but don't know the pattern or manufacturer?
• You have a beautiful old flatware pattern, but don't know the pattern name or maker and you would like to add some serving pieces?
• Would you like to fill your walls with old prints to give your home a collected connoisseur look?
• Looking for a gift for someone who collects something, but you are not sure how to find it?
•As an interior designer would you like help in finding furniture and accessories for a particular client who loves antiques or stylish modern pieces?
I can assist you with all of these tasks.
Among my services is a wide access to numerous in person and online sources for antiques and vintage objects including individual antique dealers in both the United States and the United Kingdom, antique collectives and auction houses.
I look forward to appraising your fine American, English and Continental silver or English ceramics, to finding you a new treasure, or helping you sell your antique and vintage items.
Kelly T Keating