Flâneur- a term used by the French 19th century poet and critic Charles Baudelaire to mean a person who walks the city in order to experience it.
The Antique Flâneur provides a professional appraisal service for the valuation of the decorative arts especially fine American, English and Continental silver as well as English ceramics. I produce carefully researched and compiled appraisal documents that conform to USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) standards. I am an accredited member of the Appraisers Association of America. If you need an appraisal, please contact me.
The Antique Flâneur is in addition a unique antique shopping service. I can source antiques, collectibles, vintage objects, period furniture and decorative accessories such as porcelain, pottery, silver, figures, paintings, engravings, prints etc. for you. The Antique Flâneur also assists interior designers in accessorizing a client's home from a simple piece of vintage pottery for a rustic kitchen to the grandest silver candelabra for an elegant formal dining room to a set of stylish Mid-century modern dining room chairs.
• Looking to match your grandmother's china pattern, but don't know the pattern or manufacturer?
• You have a beautiful old flatware pattern, but don't know the pattern name or maker and you would like to add some serving pieces?
• Would you like to fill your walls with old prints and engravings to give your home a collected connoisseur look?
• Looking for a gift for someone who collects something, but you are not sure how to find it?
•As an interior designer would you like help in finding furniture and accessories for a particular client who loves antiques or stylish modern pieces?
• Are you looking to sell your antiques and need someone to broker the deal and find the best market and price?
I can assist you with all of these tasks.
Among my services is a wide access to numerous in person and online sources for antiques and vintage objects including individual antique dealers in both the United States and the United Kingdom, antique collectives and auction houses.
I look forward to appraising your fine American, English and Continental silver or English ceramics, to finding you a new treasure, or helping you sell your antique and vintage items.
Kelly T Keating