1. Appraisal Service- Insurance appraisals are offered mainly for silver, pottery and porcelain as well as fine art, furniture and other decorative arts. I am always able to bring in another qualified appraiser to assist me with items outside my familiarity. If you need an estate tax or charitable donation appraisal I can work with one of my colleagues to complete these types of appraisals for you.
TERMS: All appraisals are billed at $99 per hour for onsite inspection of the objects (or items can be appraised through photographs) and for the research and compiling of the final appraisal report. Any other costs such as mailing, copying, use of online databases for research are billed to the client. A half deposit based on the estimated time to complete the report is required to initiate any type of appraisal when the agreement is signed.
2. Restricted Use Appraisal- the appraisal of an antique or vintage item(s) (specifically decorative arts) for informational purposes for the purpose of potential sale. A Restricted Use Appraisal is a work product that is less than a formal appraisal. It is not fully researched and is not intended for anything other than informational use for the client only. It shall not be disseminated to, nor relied upon, nor used by any third party unrelated to the immediate purpose of this appraisal. It is specifically not intended for important tax or financial purposes and it does not take into account specific market issues or trends or any other important criteria that can affect value. In addition, the values should not be used as the retail replacement for insurance value.
TERMS: A Restricted Use Appraisal is billed at $70 per hour prorated. Any other costs such as mailing, copying, use of online databases for research are billed to the client. The object or objects can be be evaluated through actual inspection or through photographs. A half deposit based on the estimated time to complete the report is required to initiate a Restricted Use Appraisal.
3. Antique and Vintage Personal Shopping Service- Contact me and provide information about the type of item you are interested in acquiring from something small to a large piece of furniture. If it is to match a china service, a piece of flatware or another item you have, send along a good picture of the item and the mark if necessary. I am willing to work within all budgets.
TERMS: 27% commission of the sale price (what I buy the item for) on items up to $299. For items above $300, the commission is 22%. Buyer pays shipping, transportation and insurance if needed. Once I find a piece you approve of, I will send you an invoice that includes the sale price, commission, shipping costs if warranted and NY sales tax. The item will be shipped upon receipt of full payment of the invoice or delivered with payment due upon receipt. Failure to pay the invoice within 30 days will result in a cancellation of the transaction. If for some reason, you do not like an item after you receive it you may return it within 15 days, undamaged and in the same condition you received it for a full refund less a $35 fee. You are responsible for all postage and insurance for any returns. Lost or damaged items during the return process are the client's responsibility and will not result in a refund.
4. Helping You Sell Your Antique and Vintage Items- If you have just a single object or collection, I can help you find the right venue to sell the item(s) and receive the best possible price.
TERMS: I can help you sell your object(s) for a 25% commission on the net sale price (after seller's fees eBay, PayPal etc are deducted) of an item after an initial consultation fee of $150. The client is responsible for all related selling costs of shipping, insurance, listing fees and/or auction seller premiums although shipping and insurance is mostly paid by the buyer. The 25% commission fee per item covers research, valuation, photographing and finding the right venue in which to sell your item etc. If your item(s) does not sell, this initial charge is non-refundable For a single item, initial fee will be determined.
5. Arranging Your Antiques and Collectibles- Do you have a china cupboard or display cabinet that looks cluttered and unappealing? Do you need help hanging a grouping of pictures? If you live in the NYC/New Jersey area, I can help you with this dilemma.
TERMS: I can help you for $55 for the first hour and then $45 per hour after that prorated. Minimum 1 hour payable in advance to confirm the date.
6. Shopping with You for Your Antiques and Collectibles- Do you like to go shopping for antiques but feel you need a second eye and a professional opinion? I can accompany you to antique shows, fairs and auctions and help you choose the right piece just for you.
TERMS: I can shop with you for $50 per hour prorated. Minimum 1 hour payable in advance to confirm the date.
7. Payment- Check or PayPal preferred. If you are in NY state, you will be charged sales tax.